Pages

Friday 12 February 2010

Getting on with Life at 31

31 is plainly a number but when tagged as age, everyone seems to make a big fuss over it.

Now why am i writing something about age?
I guess this is the time of your life that you start to reflect on the thing that you did prior to this age. Yes! I am 31 and just don't ask me if I'm proud of it because answering you is like solving a complicated calculus problem.

I remember I was 21 and it was the day I decided that I'm gonna get what I want. I came from a family that went through a lot of hurricanes in life. Aside from having parents brought up the traditional way, Christianity played an integral and important part of our day to day lives. Sad to say, I was not buying it at all..I just had other plans....(I swear my parents and my siblings will slap me for this!)

Born with an older brother (33) and a sister (22), I was more of the person who had strong thoughts. I say what I want and I would try reason when I had the chance to. So to make my random thought for the day short, I moved out of my parents home just because I wanted to be free. Not that I was a slave but the more I couldn't live my life the way I wanted it to be, the more I became miserable.

10 years later, I see myself living comfortably on my own making my own decisions, pondering on my mistakes and making my life better. I am better than good.

Some of the things I'm proud to enumerate for the past ten years:

1. made good friends and connections
2. took off all excessive baggage and learned to be mean when needed.
3. been broke but remained to be financially responsible (in my own terms)
4. and was able to buy things that I thought would take me a lifetime to buy....

I would not trade my decision that I made 10 years ago.

At rate that I am going, I have another moment to fill and that is to make the next 10 years more memorable....

So cheers to those who had ventured on life and never had any regrets......

No comments: