Pages

Tuesday 14 December 2010

The Way I Party.....

Let's face it! December is the month where parties are extremely all over the place.
Well, aside from October were tables and chairs are sprawled in every corner of the city for the Octoberfest, December makes it as the most loved month of the year.

Why? Let me run on some few things:
1. You get gifts or shall I say exchange gifts
2. There are a lot of parties..Company, departmental, sectional or whatever type of parties you may call them....
3. Friends could be asked for some of the few things you want instead of waiting for it :-P
4. Reunion with friends, family and other associations you may have
5. In my case, its the month of my birthday (2 days before christmas!)

I can probably write about a lot of things to say why December is most loved month then again, I am not going to do most of them for this year. 2010 is an exception and probably some of my friends know why. Definitely, I must say I will miss my company party which I totally enjoyed for the past 5 years...

I guess we have our ways to celebrate but I'd like to point out that however we do it, what matters is what we do in the party and how we take those opportunities to be happy and merry...

Recently, I "partied" with my badmiton group SHUTTLEFLEX and ULTIMATUS. It was fun as we were divided into groups and each participants/members/friends/players were grouped into skill levels. I was under Level C for Group 1.

We won 1 match out of 3 and never made it to the podium but what made it fun is that I didnt have to intoxicate myself. Ivan, who recently bought a CANON dslr camera decided to take a few shots and I must say, he was able to get some of the not so good ones of me in action. I specifically requested him to take some shots of me playing as I always wanted to get one. To his credit, he tried as a beginner and I believe he did a good job for a start....

Here's some of the shots he took of me:


Wrong-footed, bad execution and some of the wrong stances were taken. Can you imagine, if I had it on video, I would have been more upset to know that I was executing some shots with the wrong move. But yeah I had fun with it plus the fact it was my reunion with my usual badminton partner, Mark Decena.

Mark Decena, my double's partner
Everything ended well! The food was great, the games were extremely fun as we had to extend to three sets on the last two games we had. To think Mark and I did not have any means to practice (Mark works in a different city outside of Manila). Finally, I had the chance to bond with some of the people I enjoy playing with and expose two of my friends who were not really that much into sports. Jay (extreme left below) who's into dancesport and Jun (dunno what his sports is hahahaha)

Standing: Jun and Ricky
Seated (L-R): Jay Navarra, Mark Decena, Frankie Caclion and Joem Go
No matter what party we go to and how we want it to be, let us all savour what we can take out of it. It has to be fun no matter what. If it ain't fun then it ain't a party at all.

Okay, I probably have scribbled a lot of things on just one event that I attended.
On my next post, I will probably talk about how life is when hitting rock-bottom. The hardships, pains and how to cope up? Yes, I went through all of it for 2 months now......Interesting? let me know your thoughts!

Photo credits: Giovanni Peter Marc Ferrandiz

6 comments:

gpmferrandiz said...

Sorry Ricky! I was trying to get some of your better actions but Mark kept getting in the way. Hahaha, anyway, next time I'll definitely take a good one (now that I'm getting the hang of taking action shots).

ArCeeTee said...

Should be okay Ivan.....had I not liked it, I wouldnt even post it...I like it kasi its very real and raw....so keep up the good work and more action shots next time...im bringing a friend as well to get me some action shots

Unknown said...

Will do! It won't be long when I'll be a pro at taking action shots. Thanks for the photo credits, by the way!

Thirdy Lopez said...

This is me leaving my mark...

Fun way to party... I'm not a badminton player so di ako maka-relate though...

ArCeeTee said...

@GPM.FERRANDIZ....no problem...you deserve the credits okay....

ArCeeTee said...

@THIRDY.LOPEZ...will post something that you could relate...I believe it's food which we have in common....hahaha and cocktails?