Pages

Monday 20 December 2010

Early Birthday Present

Saturday, 18 December, I wasn't really sure whether the trip to a former choir colleague of mine in Carmona, Cavite would push through. Why? No one actually sent me an SMS on what time and where we would all meet. Second, an FB invitation as promised by Frankie Toledo was not sent either containing details of where and what time we would meet. Then, I received an SMS from Anacleto Dolar that he was already at the MRT station by 10 AM. To make matters worst, I had to rush to the nearest mini store to get some cellphone credits in order for me to be able to reply to him. Well, he ended up coming to my place until we received any notification from the rest of the gang.

The rest of the gang, Dominic Balatbat and Frankie Toledo, notified us that they would wait for us at the Boni MRT station in EDSA. Details of this trip will be posted in a separate post. For now, ill shall focus on a very important subject, getting the birthday treat...

Traditionally, Filipino's have a unique way of celebrating birthdays. That is, the celebrator (not celebrant) gets to spend every bit of everything and the gifts are from those he invites or from friends, etc. I have no problems with that. With my current situation right now, that is being jobless and broke, I have resigned to the fact that I shall be spending my birthday this December 23 just like a normal day......

I came home the following day after an enjoyable gather with my former colleagues from the university choir and tired as I was, I just decided to stay home doing the usual - watch TV, sleep or sometimes drink coffee or eat when I feel hungry.A few hours after lunch time, I was surprised that Anthony (my housemate's partner)  came home with food bought from WOK-KING. Kenneth Mark Lao sponsored two bottles of Coca-Cola and the rest was a sumptuous after lunch meal.

Around 4:00 PM, Arvin, another very close friend of mine invited and sponsored me for a badminton game in Ortigas. I knew I really wanted to sweat it out as I binged on both days. God knows the amount of calories I had and really needed a little bit of an exercise to at least shed it off a bit. 4 Games of badminton was already enough to do that favor......so a big thanks to my little brother and one of my few closest friends -- ARVIN....

Time to go home and Arvin had to attend a party at the place where I live. His friends live just 1 floor above me so again I had a free ride home. Thank you once again -- ARVIN!

The night ended with yet another surprise from my housemates.

My Birthday Cake
Me, Turning 32....soon!
Signalling the start of another year in my life
It couldn't be any happier than this. I believe I have to thank again the person who initiated the whole thing and you probably heard his name as the person I thanked a few posts ago for giving me some strength to go through the hardships I am currently facing. Jay, you have always been inspiring and I am very sure that you'll get back the blessing ten times that what I am having right now. I am blessed. I wanna thank the rest of my housemates, Ken and Frankie for allowing me to be happy. You know that my night almost got ruined.

Left to Right : Ken Lao and Frankie Cacliong...The housemates of Citihomes7704
Let me end this post by continuously giving my heartfelt gratitude to the people who I will be forever grateful. This now brings me to the next post which I will be posting on my actual birthday, December 23. I shall be specifically thanking those who have not given up on me or never failed me. I believe it will be a long post next time but mind you those who will make the list are people who had the extreme capabilities to at least hold my hand "virtually" and help me go through the lowest point of my life.

Once again, THANK YOU.

4 comments:

Thirdy Lopez said...

Happy Birthday!

ArCeeTee said...

@THIRDY.LOPEZ - Thank you Thirdy....

Ashaman Lester said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Woot-woot!! Let's parteee!!

ArCeeTee said...

@ASHAMAN.LESTER - sige, you're free to come by and celebrate....